[infoshare] skype call recorder

  • From: Rachel <rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Recipient list suppressed:;
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:48:46 -0400

Blind Access Journal
Saturday, July 07, 2007

CallBurner: Finally, Fully Accessible Skype Call Recording is Here at Last!

By Darrell Shandrow

The people at Netralia, developers of the Skylook Skype call management and
recording application for Microsoft Outlook, have
recently released a new Skype call recording product that does not depend on
Outlook. The new CallBurner application enables
annotation and recording of all Skype calls while providing a clean, simple
user interface.

LINK:
http://www.callburner.com/

After learning of the existence of this new product, I downloaded a trial
copy of the software. While finding it reasonably usable
for basic call recording, I found the call detail window largely
inaccessible with any screen reader, including JAWS, System Access
and Window-Eyes. I promptly wrote a short note to the company's support
e-mail address requesting accessibility enhancements to
permit full use of CallBurner with screen reading software. On Thursday,
July 5, I was absolutely flabbergasted to receive a
response from the company's senior developer offering a beta copy of an
accessible version of the software for my testing! This
response came in less than three weeks of my initial request!

After downloading the test copy of CallBurner, I immediately began to put it
through its paces. After enabling "Screen Reader
Compatibility" in the Accessibility sub-menu of the program's System Tray
icon, I was instantly delighted to discover extensive
keyboard navigation, a tabbed Call Details dialogue box and full
accessibility without need of screen reader configuration or
scripts. Follow these steps to enable "Screen Reader Compatibility" after
downloading and installing CallBurner:

Minimize all running programs and focus on the Desktop by pressing Left
Windows+M.

Press JAWS Key+F11, Modifier+F11 (System Access) or Insert+S (Window-Eyes)
to open the System Tray menu.

Down arrow to CallBurner and press enter to right click its System Tray
icon.

Press enter on the Accessibility sub-menu.

Press enter on "Screen Reader Compatibility". This is the only option
currently found in the Accessibility sub-menu.

The following dialogue box is shown: "Screen Reader Compatibility is now
turned ON. NOTE: You need to restart CallBurner for this
change to become effective."

Press enter on the OK button to accept the change.

Press JAWS Key+F11, Modifier+F11 (System Access) or Insert+S (Window-Eyes)
to return to the System Tray menu.

Down arrow to CallBurner and press enter to right click its System Tray
icon.

Up arrow to the Quit option and press enter.

Press the Left Windows key or CTRL+Escape to open the Start menu.

Press p to open the All Programs menu.

Down arrow to CallBurner and press enter to open its sub-menu.

Press enter on CallBurner to start the program. The Call Details window
opens, presenting a tabbed dialogue box that delivers a
fully accessible user interface to all CallBurner functions.

Press the End key to move to the Help tab.

Press the Tab key once to select Browse On-Line Help and press enter to open
CallBurner's documentation in a typical web browser
window. This help will serve to get you started with CallBurner in short
order.

The latest version of CallBurner, incorporating the "Screen Reader
Compatibility" enhancement, has been made available as of
Saturday, July 7, 2007. I highly recommend CallBurner to anyone, blind or
sighted, who needs to record Skype calls. The ability and
willingness of the developers to make their software accessible in less than
three weeks of such a request demonstrates the
commitment of this company to high quality, reliable customer service and
technical support. We should all send a quick note of
thanks to the CallBurner Team expressing our appreciation for their prompt
attention to our accessibility needs and encouraging
their developers to continue the excellent work in this area for all their
software.

LINK: The Callburner Team email
callburner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stay tuned to Blind Access Journal and other blind community online
resources for demonstrations, reviews, tips and other
information covering the use of this excellent application.

posted by Darrell at 12:38 PM

http://www.blindaccessjournal.com/2007/07/callburner-finally-fully-accessible.html