[infoshare] Re: laptops, netbooks, windows 7 and meeting date?

  • From: "Lynne Tatum" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 12:49:05 -0400

Hi, Sharlene and Ellen.

Ellen, you're absolutely right.  Sharlene, get thee to a store such as Best
Buy and literally feel up the laptops they're offering.

And, yes, there are many tutorials on Windows 7.  I'll gladly point you to
some.

I use windows 7 in its basic form and it's ok.  JAWS takes a bit of time to
start up but that seems standard.  Even the JAWS on our Windows 7 NetBook at
CCVIP takes some time to start up.  Brew some coffee while you're waiting.
grin

I think the biggest thing to get used to will be the new Start menu, where
you can search and which has two panes.  They might indeed be a pain at
first but they really are quite convenient.  I'll send a brief audio
tutorial through the list upon our return from my mom's.

More to come and enjoy your day.

Lynne

  _____