[infoshare] Re: hd radio question

  • From: Tamesha Tate <infinitemind01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:53:39 -0400

The sound on an HD radio is not meant to be stereo quality. Fm stations are
broadcast in CD quality sound while A.M stations are broadcast with FM
quality sound. The term HD basically means bringing stations from the
analog signal to the digital one. This means a clear sound, less audio
distortion, and clearer perception. If by stereo mode, you mean
exceptionally awesome sound with no distortion whatsoever, HD is still
relatively new and unfortunately, this is not a perfect world.
Best regards,
Tamesha