[infoshare] clarification about library and RFB&D

  • From: "Marett, Lucia (ACS)" <Lucia.Marett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:53:51 -0400

Dear Infoshare Family, and Dear Super-Lynne,

I have a question about formats which will be used by the library (NLS)
and Recordings for the Blind, (RFB&D).  I called the library yesterday,
to ask if they will be teaching a class in Victor-Stream reading device.
Michele the supervisor, at our local library, (Andrew Heiskell on 20th
and 6th avenue), stated that they will not be making the transition for
another four years, and this will be a gradual transition from cassette
to  something else.  She did not know the term "secure digital
flashcards" as  you know.  (She doesn't know, she only works there).
What to do? There are four books I wish to  read.  Do I get a
Victor-stream, or wait?  The Victor-wave only  plays MP3:s and CD:s.
This is great if a person likes music, which I do.  But what to do for
reading?  Lynne, it's those "how-to" books you and I were discussing.
Kids in the syndrome Mix, How to Argue and win every time, by Jerry
Spence, and Kaplan and Miller's, How to say what you want to say in
difficult situations.  Stay well and stay in touch.  You are right,
Super-Lynne. Information is power!  Best regards,, Lucia