[infoshare] Re: choices should abound!

  • From: gar@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 10:19:02 -0400

If nun's live having taken the vow of poverty, how can she even have any amount of money to donate anywhere?

At 03:18 PM 5/1/2009, you wrote:
Dear LIsters, Here is a story. I think we should all have the choice, of either paying bills online, or by p hone, if we wish to. Super- Lynne, I love how you love phones! Phones and computers are interchangeable now. Here's what happened to a nun, livingin the state of California.

This num donated money to a zoo. She wanted to donate $90 (this is a true story, which I heard on the morning of Thursday, April 30, yesterday, on radio station WAXQ, (q104.3) on the FM dial.

This nun made this payment online. No one knows how this might have happened, but the computer made an error: the check-amount field, ended up in the zipcode field: the nun ended up making a donation of $93083 which is her zipcode in the city in California, where she resides. The case was heard in court, it settled out of court, but this was a lengthy process. At first, the zoo did not wish to give the nun her money back.

This  is why I pay bills by p hone.

Best regards,  Lucia

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication, and any attachments, contains confidential and privileged information for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and delete this communication from your computer. Thank you.