[infoshare] To purchase or not to purchase a SmartPhone

  • From: "Lynne" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 21:43:46 -0500

Evening, All.
First, I just want to sing the praises of the double-tap feature of the iPhone.
I can now answer and hang up a call with ease and speed.. It's a beautiful
thing.  Thanks again, Gus.  You're an iDevice lifesaver!

Next, In thinking about SmartPhones, I came to the realization that a potential
user should only consider purchasing one if they are prepared and able to
absorb a monthly dataplan.  There is no way around it---whether you choose
Android phones or iPhones.

As this is a topic of on-going interest, I insert links to home pages of audio
files that I've found very helpful.
That Android Show is a very new podcast that deals with SmartPhones as well as
the goings on at Google.  It is my understanding that Google is the creator of
the android platform and licenses it to about a gazillion handsets.  One cute
little thing is the naming of their builds--Jelly Bean, Gingerbread and the
most recent being Ice Cream Sandwich.

http://thatandroidshow.com/

I found Show No. 2 particularly useful in that Android Ana runs down a list of
apps, discussing their levels of accessibility.

All With my iPhone is a podcast that demos reasonably accessible iPhone apps.
I've installed and tried quite a few.  The overviews are short and he does a
pleasant, no-nonsense job of demonstrating the apps.

http://allwithmyiphone.com/

Hope you find these links as helpful as I have.

I would also like to suggest to any new users of the iPhone that you contact
Judy Gerber at 646.312.1425 in order to schedule an hour-long session with Gus
Chalkias.  I promise you, it will be well worth the time and expense.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.
InfoLynne