[infoshare] Re: Time Warner, inaccessibility

  • From: Ellen Rubin <ellenr5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:59:32 -0800

Lucia,

Apparently we have had the exact opposite problem! I could not send messages. Verizon will send a technician  for free if you tell them that you are blind. Unfortunately, they don't know much about working with speech software., even though this is not a speech problem!  I use verizon,  and have had verizon techs here several times. Most of those times they were unable to make my computer send messages! I was able to receive messages, but not send them. The person I spoke with told me that two functions (receiveing email and accessing the internet) were enough!!!

The Geek Squad do come to your home and they are good. Their tech was able to fix the problem, but, it did reoccur! Also, they must be paid.
No one knows exactly why the send option does this. I have found that after a while, it will send with no intervention!
Good luck.

Ellen

At 06:34 AM 1/28/2009, you wrote:

Dear Infoshare family:  has any one suggestions,  for how to get Time-Warner tech-support people, to function other than visually?  Does this mean I have to change to Verizon? My problem is that I can not receive e-mail, I can only send.  I am wondering if the antivirus software, AVG,  is blocking out all my e-mail  messages, seeing e-mail as a virus, or as spam.  Can this be?  Time-warner techsupport will not send a technician out to troubleshoot, nor will they help, over the phone.  Last night, I got a technician who knew the menus.  This was great, but even then, they won?t send any one out.  While I do n?t expect any one to know JAWS, or any other adaptive speech software, they should know the menus. They do n?t.  This has been going on since October, 2008.  On ElectionDay, after I gleefully voted for Obama, I called, since I had some time. Time-Warner?s techsupport  ended up transferring me to four people, who   could be of no help. This happened again, back in December, when I tried to get help with  this problem.  I am seeking advice.  Stay well and warm.  Best regards,  Lucia

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication, and any attachments, contains confidential and privileged information for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and delete this communication from your computer. Thank you.