[infoshare] TDS 15 Feb - ripping your Music to MP3's (corrected subject line)

  • From: "Lynne" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:30:04 -0500

Evening, All.
By default,when you rip your music using the Windows Media Player, it does so
by formatting it to WMA(windows media Audio).  If you'd like to change that,
for whatever reason, here's how:
1.    Open the Windows media player.
2.    Press Alt-T to open the tools menu.
3.    Use the Up Arrow to move to the Options menu and press Enter.
4.    In this multipage dialog box, press control-Tab until you hear rip Music
page.
5.    Tab to the format combo box.  use the up or Down Arrows or press the
letter M until you hear MP3 and Enter.
6.    Tab to the Quality left / right slider.  You can use your Arrow keys or
the Page up and page down keys to navigate this slider.  The lower you go, the
lower the quality will be but you'll be able to fit more music on your device.
I have mine set to the highest quality.  I'm really okay with a few hundred
songs on my MuVo.  <smile>
7.    Tab to the OK button and press enter or the Spacebar.

that's it!   Really.

Bit Rate=Quality
128kbps=standard for iTunes
256kbps=standard for amazon.com/mp3
320kbps=standard for Lynne

MP3 remains the universal standard format for music, played by most, if not
all, MP3 players.

Happy ripping!  <ouch>  I really shouldn't say that since I just ripped my
pants the other day.  <sigh>