[infoshare] My take on the knfb reader.

  • From: <cutolo.albert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:08:29 -0400

Good morning everyone.
Last Saturday afternoon, A person from the knfb technologies, came and demonstrated the features of the knfb reader. Though it has and shows a lot of promise for those of us who may want a portible reading device with phone and gps cababilities,as well as a reading and scanning device, I do feel that for most of us that are among the population of blind, that the price is going to be too expensive for the majority of us who might want too purchase it. Even if one could take out a loan from the state, or get some other means of financing for it, for most of us who might be fortunate enough too work, or may be retired from our jobs, or even worse, live on social security slash, s s i pay rent cable, and internet service, I believe that the payments per month that these companies would charge would be too expensive for the average blind person too be able too afford. I myself, am personally not going too put myself in a financial hole fora device that I may not use all that much. I don't think its worth that kind of head ache. Second,if c techand visibility communications are the distributers of this product,then either knfb technologies, or these companies, are going too have to make the price come down a lot more if they want or even hope too sell such a product of this type too the average blind person, in order to make it affordable for them.