[infoshare] Re: MTA website

  • From: Ellen Rubin <ellenr5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:29:31 -0700

Hi Eliza How do you feel about using a ordinary phone to get info?

MTA has a disability hot line--the number is not well publicized because they
 don't want nondisabled folks to use it!

The number is 1.718.596.8585.

Tell them you need to go from pointA to point B by either subway or bus. The directions are usually pretty good.

I hope that this is the kind of info you are looking for--if not--ignore me!
Ellen

At 05:15 PM 10/23/2009, you wrote:
Hi list,
I'm trying to view a train schedule online, and am having a horrible
time using MTA's site with the Mac or with jaws.  Does anyone know of
an accessible MTA site or is there something I'm missing?
        Thanks,
        Eliza