[infoshare] Re: In need of information

  • From: Rachel <rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 00:02:31 -0400

Ellen:
When you say theaters, I'm assuming you're talking about shows - Broadway, off-Broadway, etc. If this is, in fact, what you mean, there is an organization in New York City called HAI that provides audio-description for some Broadway shows. If you aren't familiar with HAI and want further info, please let me know. If you're talking about audio-description in cities other than New York, that may be harder to locate. I don't personally know of any one place where the blind can locate info about audio-description for shows across the U.S.

Good luck.
Rachel
At 01:34 AM 10/17/2007, you wrote:
Rachel,

Thanks for the WGBH connection. What I am looking for is not personally for me, but a colleague and I are trying to determine if there is any one place that folks who are blind or low vision can go to learn about audio description in theathers. WGBH is certainly the place for info regarding movies!

Any additional info or ideas are certainly welcome.

Thanks.

Ellen
At 03:03 PM 10/16/2007, you wrote:
Ellen:
There's a list that provides this info. I'm subscribed to it and believe the following will allow you to subscribe, too:

Send an e-mail to
requests@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and put "subscribe Mopix", without the quotes in the subject line.

I hope this works for you. If it doesn't, please let me know, and I'll keep looking for the correct info.
Rachel