[infoshare] Re: Fwd: Verbal Description and Touch Tour at the Rubin Museum of Art, June 16

  • From: Ellen Rubin <ellenr5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:45:33 -0400

I don't know! I will try and find out.

At 02:10 PM 6/13/2011, you wrote:

Ellen,

Do you think this is the same tour that they did last year?  Do you know?

From: Louise Brooks <lbrooks@xxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:00:21 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am writing to let you know about the public Verbal Description and Touch tour being offered at the Rubin Museum of Art this Thursday, June 16 from 2-3:30pm. The tour is free with museum admission, and we encourage interested participants to reserve a spot in advance, since space is limited. Please see below for all of the details, and please forward this along to anyone who might be interested!

Thanks for your help in spreading the word, and I look forward to welcoming you to the museum,
Louise.

Plain text copy:

VERBAL DESCRIPTION AND TOUCH TOUR
A program for visitors who are blind or have low vision
Thursday, June 16, 2011
2:00?3:30 pm

This tour will take visitors on a journey through the culture, history, religion, and art of the Himalayas. Using highly detailed verbal descriptions of works of art and touch objects, including sculptures, art materials, woodblocks, and ritual implements, museum guides help participants form visualizations of art in the
museum?s collection.

Reservations for this program are recommended as space is limited.
Please contact the Group Reservations office at 212.620.5000 x345 or reservations@xxxxxxxxxx to secure your place.

Rubin Museum of Art
150 West 17th Street, New York, NY 10011
www.rmanyc.org | facebook.com/rubinmuseum | twitter.com/rubinmuseum

[]

Plain text copy: