[infoshare] Fwd: Upcoming Verbal Description and Touch Tour at the Rubin Museum

  • From: Ellen Rubin <ellenr5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:41:02 -0400

F Y I!

Dear Ellen,

Greetings from the Rubin Museum of Art! We are excited to announce our upcoming Verbal Description and Touch Tour: Once Upon Many Times. In addition to the information below, I?ve attached a large print flyer. We would greatly appreciate if you would print and post it, or distribute to anyone who might be interested.

Please let me know if you have any questions. We always appreciate your help.

Best,

Julianne Maeda
Community Outreach Intern
Rubin Museum of Art
150 West 17th St. New York, NY 10011
Communications3@xxxxxxxxxx
212.620.5000 x328 | office

VERBAL DESCRIPTION AND TOUCH TOUR
Once Upon Many Times

Thursday, October 20
2:00?3:30 pm

This tour will take visitors on a journey through the culture, history, religion, and art of the Himalayas. Using highly detailed verbal descriptions of works of art and touch objects, including sculptures, art materials, woodblocks, and ritual implements, museum guides help participants form visualizations of art in the museum?s collection.

Reservations for this program are recommended as space is limited. Please contact the Group Reservations office at 212.620.5000 x345 or reservations@xxxxxxxxxx to secure your place.