[infoshare] Fwd: Rubin Museum Verbal Description and Touch tour: Thursday, August 18

  • From: Ellen Rubin <ellenr5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 20:43:21 -0400

Hello all, I am delighted to invite you to explore our brand new exhibition, Pilgrimage and Faith: Buddhism, Christianity and Islam through touch and verbal description. A full description of this tour follows, please help us spread the word by forwarding to anyone who may be interested.

VERBAL DESCRIPTION AND TOUCH TOUR
Pilgrimage and Faith
Thursday, August 18, 2011
2:00?3:30 pm

This tour will take visitors on a journey through the culture, history, religion, and art of the Himalayas. Using highly detailed verbal descriptions of works of art and touch objects, including sculptures, art materials, woodblocks, and ritual implements, museum guides help participants form visualizations of art in the museum?s collection.

Reservations for this program are recommended as space is limited. Please contact the Group Reservations office at 212.620.5000 x345 or reservations@xxxxxxxxxx to secure your place.

[]