[infoshare] Re: Fwd: 10/18 TOUCH TOUR of Tenement Museum - Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month

  • From: gar@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:55:02 -0400

Ellen,

Apparently my zipped book didn't make it to you because it was too large a file. At least that's what I understand the reason to be.

Are you going to the tenement museum? Do we make our own reservations? Talk to you later.

At 11:31 PM 10/12/2009, you wrote:
This is a brand new tour--it should be good!
Ellen

Invitation for Touch Tour!

Sarah Litvin
Education Associate
Lower East Side Tenement Museum
91 Orchard Street
New York, NY 10002
Tel: 212-431-0233 ext. 232
<http://www.tenement.org/>www.tenement.org

Revealing the Past. Challenging the Future.

----------
Museum will offer a touch and verbal description tour of our newest program, The Moores: An Irish Family in America. Experience the heart of the immigrant saga through the music of Irish America, then tour the restored home of the Moore family, Irish-Catholic immigrants coping with the death of a child in 1869. Compare the Moore's struggle to keep their family healthy with that of the Katz family, Russian-Jewish immigrants who left their mark on our building in the 1930s.

The 1.5 hour tour will begin at the Museum's Visitor Center at 108 Orchard Street at 2:45 p.m. on Sunday, October 18th. Tickets cost $20 for adults and $15 for students and seniors. Visit the Tenement Museum's website at <http://www.tenement.org/>www.tenement.org for more information about the tour and how to get to the Museum. Tour size is limited to 15; the Tenement Museum is not wheelchair or walker accessible.

To attend, purchase tickets by Wednesday, October 14th from Sarah Litvin, Education Associate for Living History and Access:<mailto:Slitvin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Slitvin@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 212-431-0233 ext. 232.

For further questions, please contact:

Kate Stober
Public Relations Manager