[infoshare] Fw: I am not a "special interest"

  • From: "Maria" <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Charlotte" <charlotte_s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:28:55 -0400

Organizing for America
----- Original Message -----
From: Wendy C.
To: Maria Rios
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 5:02 PM
Subject: I am not a "special interest"

      Friend --

      Right now, my job -- along with those of my colleagues -- could be in
jeopardy.

      I'm a public school teacher in Philadelphia. And, like most states across
the country, Pennsylvania is facing some bad budget shortfalls.

      Without federal help, a lot of teachers like me -- as well as other
public servants like police officers and firefighters -- will lose their jobs.
Maybe you know some of these people. Maybe it's you.

      Democrats in Congress are trying to do the right thing, proposing
emergency assistance for states to preserve more than 100,000 jobs like mine.
They're racing back to the Capitol for an emergency session this week to pass
this bill and save these jobs.

      But Republicans are standing in the way. Minority Leader John Boehner is
calling the bill a "payoff" to "special interests" and attacking every Democrat
who is fighting for us.

      But I'm not a special interest. I'm a teacher.

      Can you join me in telling House Democrats that they have our support as
they fight for our jobs?

      Speaker Nancy Pelosi -- and the entire Democratic Caucus -- have decided
to rush back to Washington to make sure that hundreds of thousands of workers
like me will get to keep our jobs. In addition, the bill will actually create
even more job growth by closing tax loopholes for companies that ship American
jobs overseas.

      But the Republicans are going to do everything they can to prevent this
aid.

      Please stand with me, in support of Democratic leaders who are standing
up for folks like me:

      http://my.barackobama.com/MyJob

      Thank you,

      Wendy C.
      Teacher
      Ambler, Pennsylvania

      Paid for by Organizing for America, a project of the Democratic National
Committee -- 430 South Capitol Street SE, Washington, D.C. 20003. This
communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
      This email was sent to: malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Update Address / Email | Unsubscribe

06:35:00