[infoshare] Fw: [CCMTM] Volunteers To Test Cutting Edge 64 Bit Windows Adaptive Technology

  • From: "SHARON JOYNER" <darlenjoy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:23:08 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Wells" <richwels@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <careerconnect@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 3:56 PM
Subject: [CCMTM] Volunteers To Test Cutting Edge 64 Bit Windows Adaptive Technology

We need folks who have access to 64 bit Windows platform machines to
help us do some testing. Please contact richwels@xxxxxxxxxxxx with any
questions you may have. Please distribute widely. This is the next
accessibility barrier we must overcome. Read below:
"From: Matt Campbell

"Help us test System Access on 64-bit Windows

The latest System Access 3.0 build at dev.satogo.com now supports
64-bit versions of Windows. If you have access to a machine running a
64-bit version of Windows, or if you can set one up, we encourage you
to visit http://dev.satogo.com/ and put SA through its paces in this
new environment.

If you want to set up a machine with 64-bit Windows, you will need one
of the following: a 64-bit capable PC with no OS on it (or nothing you
want to keep), a 64-bit capable PC with enough hard disk space that you
can set up a dual-boot configuration, or an Intel-based Mac with the
VMware Fusion software. In the second case, you'll also need a disk
partitioning tool such as PartitionMagic to make room for the 64-bit
Windows installation. In the third case, you'd set up 64-bit Windows in
a virtual machine on the Mac. In any case, you'll also need a 64-bit
Windows Vista installation DVD. Finally, unless you can figure out how
to set up an unattended installation of Vista, you'll need sighted help
to do the installation.

As always, we appreciate thorough testing and feedback. Consumer PC's
with 64-bit Windows installations are already shipping, so we need to
make sure SA works well in this environment."