[infoshare] FW: [Webwatch] Handy Site For Walking Information

  • From: Rachel <rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Recipient list suppressed:;
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:40:26 -0400

From: webwatch-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:webwatch-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kelly Ford

Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 2:47 PM
To: webwatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Webwatch] Handy Site For Walking Information

A <http://fredsheadcompanion.blogspot.com/2007/07/walkscore-how-walkable-is-place.html>posting on The <http://www.aph.org/>American Printing House for the Blind's <http://feeds.feedburner.com/fredsheadcompanion>blog turned me on to what seems to be a handy web site. <http://www.walkscore.com/>Walk Score tries to tell you how walkable a given address will be based on proximity to items like stores, restaurants, coffee shops and more.

A quick trial of several places I've lived seems to show that the site is reasonably accurate. It is also much faster than using the various online yellow page options to search for various business categories and building your own list of what's around. You can try this for yourself at <http://www.walkscore.com>http://www.walkscore.com.

Kelly