IndAeMed_F: Re: (No Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 13:47:40 +0000

  • From: "PK Tyagi, MD DNB" <pktdoc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: indaemed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 07:45:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thru IndAeMed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
(Preferably reply to IndAeMed@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
   Will do my best to locate it sir. I too have heard the
remarks 'too honest, too blunt, too frank' quite often
from doctors as well as pilots. I believe either one
is honest or one is not. Haven't understood the
prefixing of 'too' till date. Please remain
futuristic, only then can you have a vision.
Otherwise, we will continue to by-heart the paras of
IAP 4303 to show our knowledge and continue to grow
without any thinking of our own. I am glad seniors
like you are not scared to put up your views on net.
It needs courage (which most among us don't have) to
put up your views on the list, as this means exposing
yourself to a knowledgeable crowd. I will always
appreciate and have respect for those who dare, rather
than those who hide, irrespective what rank they have
achieved.

Regards
Tyagi

--- Dr Rajeev Kapur <rajeevkapur77@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------
Thru IndAeMed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:(Preferably reply to
IndAeMed@xxxxxxxxxxxx)--------------------------------------------

Dear Dr PKT,

Thanks for the info. There was one computerised data
base that I had created eons ago! It must be listed as
one of the departmental projects-it was written in
dBaseIII+.  I left IAM in 1993 and had included all
projects done (AFMRC and AR&DB) till then, so it must
be prior to that. There must be a floppy also
somewhere in the research wing. Please let me know if
you can locate it. When Mrs Chidambaram was there (a
legend in her time) she used to dig out any
references/information in a jiffy. There was an old
lady Mrs Cuddapah, who had very high myopia and could
barely see but she remebered the shelf in which any
book was located and would lead anyone asking for a
book or journal to the precise shelf and suggest "
Please locate it here and surely the book used to be
within two or three books that she used to place her
finger on". Of course this may seem amusing to you
with the computerisation now available in the library.
Incidentally, I had put a proposal to compu terise the
IAM library and set up a network to connect the
departments in 1992-93 but it was turned down with
remarks"Too futuristic" and I was pulled up for coming
up with fancy ideas(!!) by the comdt, who was computer
illerate, and went on to become DG!!

Dr R Kapur

---------------------------------
Post Classifieds on MSN classifieds. Buy and Sell on
MSN Classifieds.
send messages to the full list please send to
IndAeMed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx view the archive of messages
on this list please visit:
//www.freelists.org/archives/indaemed/To
add/change/remove your addresses/names please write to
Anirudh Agrawal at : anirudh_a@xxxxxxxxxxx Alternate
List : IndAeMed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx of this List at :
http://www.AvMedNet.NetISAM Web Page at:

To send messages to the full list please send to IndAeMed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To view the archive of messages on this list please visit:

Alternate List : IndAeMed@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Webpage of this List at : http://www.AvMedNet.Net
ISAM Web Page at: http://www.ISAM-India.org