Things to do, during these times... My sincere advice

  • From: "I khan" <no1khan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <imran_dist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Fear_Allaah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<hanafi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:27:54 +0100

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatahu brothers and sisters,

The times we are present in are accurately preserved and mentioned of in
the Quran and Hadeeth. It is clear they are difficult, but not so
difficult for those who know what to do in these times. Are they as
difficult as the times that have preceded us?

When we hear of Badr, Khandaq and other hard situations that the Sahaba
and the later generations faced, we always seem to rejoice at their
success and forget the message and example of how patient and also
successful they were. We say "we would have done the same if we faced
the same situation". Well is this not our opportunity to face the
situation we are in?

We have everything we need, the Quran and the Sunnah. The Quran and the
example is complete and demonstrated. So today we face a great fitnah,
how are we all overcoming these collectively and individually?

Many of you will already be making lots of supplications, reading Quran
and performing Nafl acts. I sincerely recommend that all of us make more
effort to read the Quran & Seerah in these days, especially books/
chapters relating to BADR, UHUD, THE TRENCHES, KHAYBAR, HUDAYBIYAH,
CONQUEST OF MECCA, HUNAYN & TAIF and TABUK. Plenty of reliable sources
online, also many unreliable...
 <http://www.wponline.org/vil/Articles/Default.htm>
http://www.wponline.org/vil/Articles/Default.htm
 <http://www.wponline.org/vil/Books> http://www.wponline.org/vil/Books
 <http://www.wponline.org/vil/quran/Default.htm>
http://www.wponline.org/vil/quran/Default.htm
 <http://www.wponline.org/vil/hadeeth>
http://www.wponline.org/vil/hadeeth

These examples of history have many words of wisdoms and actions that
helped the Muslims then and will always in the future, for as long as we
take care to understand and implement. It helps us to identify what
strategies were used, individually, collectively, at the society level,
at the Muslims, the so called Muslims, Non-Muslims, including the
warfare/psychological tactics and the means to reach a just position and
state.

I encourage all of us to read a battle/ an example/ an ayah a day
instead of blinding the last percentage of our sane self with news from
the papers or from TV. Read and educate yourself about history, educate
yourself to defend Islam and the prophet (saw). Leave the propaganda to
those who created it.

Remember the ummat, your family in your duaas.

Masslam Imran