Purifying the Soul: My Dear Beloved Son; Shaykh Nuh: Semantics of approach, Abdul-Hakeem Murad: Understanding Madhahib & Misc: Quotes

  • From: "I Khan" <no1khan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <imran_dist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:31:23 +0100

To: Dist_List

Subject: Purifying the Soul: My Dear Beloved Son; Shaykh Nuh: Semantics of
approach, Abdul-Hakeem Murad: Understanding Madhahib & Misc: Quotes

From: I Khan

Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu

Ramadhan Mubarak to everyone, I hope that everyone reaps the fruit of this
month and makes better their ways for when this month exits.

I have just been reading a little here and there and thought you would also
benefit with the following as am I, if Allah Wills:

If you don't have time to listen, I made a few key notes in grey

Imam Abu Hamid Ghazali:

My Dear Beloved Son-    :-) - Critical, if you don't read anything, just
read this

http://www.ymofmd.com/books/mydearbeloved.htm

http://www.ymofmd.com/books/muslimcharacter.htm

Shaykh Nuh Kellar

*       Did Imam Ghazali have a tariqa - And taking knowledge from its
sources?

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Questions/qa00004454.aspx

Every great teacher had a teacher

*       Listening to the recorded music

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Questions/qa00004456.aspx

Pure expression of the Nafs, why affect yourself? - Qad afla ha man zakkaha
- Successful is he who purifies it.

- Slows/ Halts one's inner purification and delays ones advance.

Smoking causes 24 different diseases, we know the ruling now!

For Advice: Tell them that their Ruh will be affected and the affect of the
Quran will . - Everyone knows it

Who is qualified to teach others?

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Questions/qa00004452.aspx

-          Aqwal/ Masalih Sharia-  Interests of Sharia

-          Unbroken chain

How do we know whether a particular scholar can be followed?

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Questions/qa00004455.aspx

-          Does not mean following easiest way

-          Ahkam and Ruqsa - Adopt course that is safest, although
dispensations, but.

Abdul Hakeem Murad

UNDERSTANDING THE FOUR MADHHABS
the problem with anti-madhhabism

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/ahm/newmadhh.htm

The ummah's greatest achievement over the past millennium has undoubtedly
been its internal intellectual cohesion. From the fifth century of the Hijra
almost to the present day, and despite the outward drama of the clash of
dynasties, the Sunni Muslims have maintained an almost unfailing attitude of
religious respect and brotherhood among themselves. It is a striking fact
that virtually no religious wars, riots or persecutions divided them during
this extended period, so difficult in other ways.

Miscellaneous Quotes

*       "Strange indeed are the affairs of a true believer, for all their
affairs are for the good-and this is not true of anyone but a true believer.
If something pleasing befalls them, they are thankful, and that is good for
them. If something difficult befalls them, they are patient, and that is
good for them." [Related by Muslim, from Suhayb al-Rumi (Allah be pleased
with him)]

*       "I seek Allah's refuge from the knowledge which is of no benefit"
RasoolAllah saw

*       "Human beings will get only what they have strived for." Q

*       To desire Paradise without good deeds is a sin from among the sins.

*       Only be proud of your works to the extent that you remember that
they are not yours

*       Knowledge without actions is madness and actions without knowledge
are useless

*       The lesson of love is not taught but it's born and learned by itself

*         'Inna Akramakum 'IndAllahi Atqakum.'
'Verily, the noblest of you in the sight of Allah is the one who is most
deeply conscious (i.e. fearful) of Him.'  (Quran, Chapter 49, Verse 13)

*         'Wa Huwa Husbi Wa Nai'mal Wakeel.'
'And He is sufficient for me and He is the best Helper.'

*

*         The Prophet Muhammad (may God's peace & blessings be upon him)
said, "None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he
loves for himself." Imam Nawawi commented in his compilation of 40 Prophetic
Traditions that, "that the brotherhood referenced in the tradition is that
of humanity."