[Ilugc] upgrading to sarge help
- From: tuxsu@xxxxxxxxx (John jacob)
- Date: Thu Jul 29 14:23:51 2004
Praveen <praveen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:\
You can't boot from the Sarge CDs and do the upgrade. You follow the
1. Back up yout /etc/apt/sources.list
2. Run dselect and choose Install from CD ROM set in the "Access" menu.
3. It will ask you to insert the CD. Insert the CDs one by one and this
generates the sources.list file for you.
4. Then do an "Update".
5. Now your are ready to upgrade to the new packages. Directly go to the
"Install" step and this should upgrade the needed packages.
This is what is happening in my adventurous never ending installation
When i tried to install using debian
*While using dselect after selecting Access->CDROM and after inserting the
first CD i got this message:
I would like to know where on the CD-ROM the top level of the debian
distribution is (eg dists.stable) this directory usually contains the
First it asked for /debian/stable then I just went on with the
default[/debian/stable] said it looks plausible and it didn work
I tried giving /debian/sarge then it said
Last time you said /dists/sarge and that looks plausible....and
asks for Distribution top level ? always..
How to proceed??.....Please eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help
Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Other related posts: