[Ilugc] upgrading to sarge help
- From: praveen@xxxxxxxxxxx (Praveen)
- Date: Wed Jul 28 11:52:03 2004
John jacob wrote:
I have installed the Woody (Debian 3.0 r2).I have
got the Sarge CDs from Praveen.I tried to boot from
the First CD of sarge collection and tried to upgrade
to the latest one but it is not working.When i tried
to install the base components no submenu id
displayed.I am entirely new to this debian
world.Please help me in this regard
I Googled to get a good tutorial but didn get a good
You can't boot from the Sarge CDs and do the upgrade. You follow the
1. Back up yout /etc/apt/sources.list
2. Run dselect and choose Install from CD ROM set in the "Access" menu.
3. It will ask you to insert the CD. Insert the CDs one by one and this
generates the sources.list file for you.
4. Then do an "Update".
5. Now your are ready to upgrade to the new packages. Directly go to the
"Install" step and this should upgrade the needed packages.
This link may be of some use.
PS: I follow a different way. I have a local repository of the ISO
images of all CDs, I mount them in loop device and do the install. This
will reduce the pain of inserting the CDs when needed. *Courtesy: Suraj.*
Other related posts: