[Ilugc] kernel enq
- From: praveen@xxxxxxxxxxx (Praveen Kumar)
- Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 15:07:54 +0530
naveen kumar wrote:
i have problem wirh lilo ,
after making new image i modified lilo but i am unable
to run lilo.conf .
i run lile this
error message is command not found .
'lilo' should be run as super user (root). If you are root, '/sbin' will
be in your default path.
Three possibilities for this error are
1. You are not logged in as root.
Soln: Log in as root and try running 'lilo'.
2. If you logged in as root and still you don't get it, then '/sbin' is
not in your default path.
Soln: Run '/sbin/lilo'.
PS: If this is the case you will not be able to run any programs in
'/sbin' just by their names (eg: ifconfig). To avoid this add '/sbin' to
your path ($PATH).
3. If you logged in as root and have '/sbin' in your path, lilo may not
be installed or not in '/sbin'.
Soln: Try to locate 'lilo' using 'locate' or 'find' if you are sure
that lilo is installed (Normally source compiled installations allow you
to put in the directory you want. If you installed lilo binaries, it
should be in '/sbin'). OR GRUB is there instead of lilo.
Other related posts: