[Ilugc] Upgraded RedHat 7.3 to gcc-3.3.3
- From: rsubr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Raja Subramanian)
- Date: Sun Aug 15 01:26:15 2004
Sivasankar Chander wrote:
This must be old hat to Gentoo and Debian users, but I have
been able to progressively upgrade a stock RedHat 7.3 installation
to gcc-3.3.3, while retaining the glibc-2.2.5 library.
Can you please enlighten me as to -
1. Why you prefer glibc-2.2.5's over 2.3.x?
2. Any ideas how BSD libc compares with glibc 2.2 and 2.3?
3. In what areas is redhat 7.3 more robust over other versions?
Btw, the uptime on my current woody box is 117 days and is used by 20
odd people daily. Nothing ever breaks on this box. From my experience
every stable release of debian is the same story. The best part is that
I've got a stable box without compiling a single thing!
I hope this convinces you to take a look at debian :-)
Other related posts: