[Ilugc] Linux, install, Hard Disk, Try this way ?
- From: ganesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ganesh Swami)
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 04:30:23 -0800
Thiagarajan wanted us to know:
Good Morning !
Kindly tell me whether it is possible , if so explain Step by Step
reply to me personally, need not be in the list
let me explain my needs
The UNIX way: there are many ways to do the same thing.
1) i have 40 machines in win98 peer to peer
2) i have CD drive in one machine, and i have RH 7.3 all 4 disks [ 3 + 1
documentation ], it works in one machine nicely
3) i want to install linux in all machines concurrently [ with in 4 hrs i
can complete in all the machines ]
4) my idea is , copy the image of linux installation CDROM in to all the
computers in a folder
[ copying under win98 using simple copy option , just like keeping a copy of
cab files of win98 for reinstallation ]
One way, but very inefficient.
5) i do not know what is ISO image ? [ Is win98 simple copy = ISO image ? ]
Im afraid Ill give an incorrect explanation. Let somebody else handle
6) after copying into a directory, install linux from that directory [ again
using win98 environment ]
[ i can start giving installion in all the machines at a time and all the
machines will be installed concurrently ]
I assume you are working with Redhat.
If I were you (which you arent), I would do a network installation.
During the installation process, it asks for the source. You can choose
the machine with the CD-Drive.
If you are using another distro, or a different version of redhat,
simply goto the distributors website, and search for "network install".
If anything else if itching you, post back to this list (after reading
that piece of documentation)
kindly help me
have a nice day
: _ /~\'_
Dinner not ready: (A)bort (R)etry (P)izza
Other related posts:
- » [Ilugc] Linux, install, Hard Disk, Try this way ? - Ganesh Swami
- » [Ilugc] Linux, install, Hard Disk, Try this way ? - Thiagarajan
- » [Ilugc] Re: Linux, install, Hard Disk, Try this way ? - Balaji N
- » [Ilugc] Re: Linux, install, Hard Disk, Try this way ? - Sukumar .S
- » [Ilugc] Linux, install, Hard Disk, Try this way ? - Suraj Kumar