The Embedded Linux Meetup group (http://meetup.com/embedded-linux) is
organizing a Linux System Programming Dojo event, as part of it's
activities, the details of the event is provided below.
== Date and Time
Sunday, June 19, 2016
9:30 AM to 1:00 PM
No.15, IV Main Road,
Kamaraj Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur,
Landmark: Near Thiruvanmiyur Post Office
== What is it?
Linux System Programming Dojo is a place where people can practice Linux
System Programming, to improve their coding skills.
== How Does it Work?
* A pre-determined task is chosen for the Dojo, and is split into
* People are then divided into 7 teams of 3 people each (selected in
* Each team selects a sub-task and works on it for about 1.5 hours.
* Each team is then given 10 min to present their code, and get review
feedback from all people gathered.
== Why Should You Attend a Dojo?
* The teams will be a mixed group of hackers and newbies. It will be
great oppurtunitiy for newbies to learn from the hackers.
* The hackers also get learn when the explain to newbies, by thinking
and deeply. This will help improve their understanding of the system as
* During the code review, people can get review comments from the entire
group, where the collective knowledge of the group can be harnessed.
== Why Do You Charge For the Event?
We charge a tiny amount of 50 Rs for the event, so that people take the
RSVP, a little more seriously. That way we get a more accurate head count,
since the no. of seats are limited. The amount will be put to good use for
providing refreshments during the event.
== How to purchase tickets?
You can purchase the ticket at our Explara event page:
ILUGC List: http://www.freelists.org/list/ilugc
ILUGC Web: http://ilugc.in/