[Ilugc] Is it time to say good bye?
- From: mohan43u@xxxxxxxxx (MohanR)
- Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 22:27:52 +0530
On Fri, 2016-02-19 at 17:53 +0530, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
Why do you think it is not possible to setup a forwarder from
ilugc at ae.iitm.ac.in to another domain?
I think it is possible (n00b here, forgive me if I'm wrong) if someone
is willing to put a routing entry in the MTA (running in?www.ae.iitm.ac
.in) which will route all incoming mails with "To: ilugc at ae.iitm.ac.in"
to <newserver-ip-address> in their transport/routing configuration (eg:
postfix's transport file).
I believe these are the steps we need to do.
1. install mailman in the new server.
1. copy current mailman archives/data to new server (https://www.debian
2. configure postfix in the new server to receive mails for ilugc at ae.ii
tm.ac.in?and make it forward that mails to mailman
3. configure MTA in www.ae.iitm.ac.in?to forward mails with "To: ilugc@
ae.iitm.ac.in" to new server's postfix port (port 25 or 587)
4. configure postfix in the new server to route all outgoing mails to w
Thats it, we will have our ilugc mailinglist reside in our own server
but all incoming/outgoing mails will go through www.ae.iitm.ac.in. Let
me know if this is what we are looking for.
Other related posts: