[Ilugc] HDD Lost Interrupt
- From: siva@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sivasankar Chander)
- Date: Wed Jul 21 13:41:45 2004
How serious is a "lost interrupt" error? Should I enforce the warranty
on my HDD?
It depends - a lot of things can cause this:
1) A flaky IDE connector/cable, especially of the 80-core ATA66/100/133
2) An overheating HDD. Check if your HDD is an IBM Deskstar aka 'DeathStar',
which had a high failure rate from a variety of design defects.
3) An overheating CPU/motherboard. Check the capacitors on any motherboard
more recent than the year 2000.
4) Bad RAM.
5) A failing SMPS.
Other related posts: