[ilug-cal-website] Re: about us - and other changes

  • From: Surendra Singhi <ssinghi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 21:45:17 +0530

Hi,

"A. Mani" <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sunday 03 Sep 2006 15:18, Surendra Singhi wrote:
>>
>> I have also edited "About Us" section and added DPS address.
>>
>> Removed admin/CMT thing, I think it doesn't looks good in the About Us
>> section, it can go somewhere else. I will put it in the wiki.
> That should be there. People who are maintaining the site should be
> explicitly
> named. I am adding it. Wiki is the wrong place.

Why? "About Us" defines ilug-cal and not the website. Explicitly naming us
looks like cheap publicity, and will give the impression that the 5 of us are
controlling/doing everything, which should not be the case, this website
should be for and by the members. I removed it, first let us settle and agree
whether it should go or not.

> Typically 'Objectives' can be a separate static content section. ..but we
> have
> merged it.
>
>> Any concerns/issues please let us know.
> yes ...putting that chat-log on the front page is crazy (HIDE IT Fast).

Why is it crazy?

I may sound like a prick, but please give reasons.

As an aside, using *please* is not out of fashion.

Thanks and regards,

--
Surendra Singhi