[ilug-cal-website] Re: Website redirection and Wiki

  • From: "A. Mani" <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:48:56 +0530

On Monday 14 Aug 2006 1:10 pm, Surendra Singhi wrote:
> Hi,
>   The website redirection now finally works. Just curious, did someone
> make any change to make this happen?
Anirban did that.
> The loading of pages have again become slow, it seems that the web
> server still doesn't thinks that it is hosting the (ilug-cal.info
> domain) it is more of a redirection where the IP-address url will be
> hidden. And this seems to be causing the pages to load double slowly.
>
> Does DPS has DNS servers? Otherwise, we will have to use some service
> like
> http://www.granitecanyon.com/
> Someone more experienced with hosting and web server configuration
> please advise or take charge.
>
> Also, I am not able to find the link to the wiki, I propose that it be
> put in the MainMenu.

It is on the right side....depends on the template. ...or hack the browser.
what is pink on opera is tinted white on konqueror (Background).
> Please, someone more familiar with Joomla please volunteer to replace
> the logo, at the top with the ilug-cal logo which was designed (the
> bridge and the Tux one).

Soumyadeep
> Also, please don't put test articles in the front page doesn't look
> nice.
remove it.

Anirban did make spelling and grammatical mistakes in the front page news and
the 'about us' section. I corrected some and asked him to consult the CMT
before publishing.

We need more sections including facilities for uploading articles by members
and admins separately. Uploaded things by members go to a folder at least.
Also the various buttons indicated in the specs. It is better done by people
with some knowledge of php or is html sufficient ?

And put a 'WEB-2.0' a sticker

 Thanks,

A. Mani
Member, Cal. Math. Soc