[ilug-cal-website] Re: [Ilug-cal-discuss] CMT Administration Rules

  • From: Surendra Singhi <ssinghi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "A. Mani" <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ilug-cal-website <ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 13:41:59 +0530

"Soumyadip Modak" <soumyadip.modak@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 9/2/06, A. Mani <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Because of your viewpoint and your inability to find the time, Surendra and
>> you have been entrusted with the administration and development of the wiki
>> part of the site in part.
>
> If I had been entrusted with such a responsibility, I've yet to
> receive any intimation and the minutes of the meeting in which such a
> decision had been taken.

Soumyadip, I had seen your email address in the TO section of the email sent
by A. Mani, and all of us I think had confirmed our roles, except you.

>> If you want you are always welcome to it and the
>> section can be fully entrusted to you. As it is He is likely to be
>> overburdened with other sections. There are no concrete plans coming up for
>> the Wiki section to start with. We cannot accept your unilateral decision to
>> make it all a wiki. We will have both types of sections (that was decided
>> long ago at a meeting ......not unilaterally)

Mani, Wiki was proposed by me (and I think Sankarshan had also suggested
it). AFAIK Soumyadip never suggested anything directly, but I remember him
once writing that he wanted something which is more open to contributions from
everyone. Especially in response to Mani's spec, which still haven't been
accepted by the admins or ilug-cal. AFAIK, the specs are just a proposal now.

>> There are few volunteers and they must decide on how to share the
>> responsibilities. We are continually discussing matters but not deciding
>> nearly obvious things. If you can perform the administrative and some
>> development tasks then certainly continue, otherwise too you can contribute
>> as a user.
>
> The decision to form a "Content Management Team" is an obvious
> decision ? I certainly do not think so. Who decides who is in the team
> ? When I saw the announcement of the CMT, I saw that my name has been
> added as an editor. Has anyone ever sent me any email to ask my
> permission to put my name in there ?

CMT? Even I am in dark about it. I think the admins are the only CMT team, or
whatever.

And if you are thinking of the post by Mani long back, AFAIK then no one
accepted that and please it wasn't a _combined_ decision; it was only his
proposal.

Mani, while writing emails and ideas please don't sound as you are speaking
for the entire admin team. Thanks.

Regards,
--
Surendra Singhi