[igniteball] Re: My Feedback!

  • From: Patricia Dumitro <trish_patpat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:40:28 +0800

hi i'm free both days so whenever suitible for others
thanks

From: samanthacobb90@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [igniteball] Re: My Feedback!
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:02:24 +0930

I can't make Wednesday until after 5.30pm as I'll be working. If you do make
the meeting on Wednesday then Jacqui can relay the information to me so if
that's a better day for everyone then that should be fine.

Thanks,

Samantha Cobb
Committee Member
Curtin Public Relations Student Chapter

m: 0438 951 531 | e: samanthacobb90@xxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:45:11 +0800
From: jacintakingdon@xxxxxxxxx
To: igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If everyone is able to make it Wednesday it may be worth changing the meeting.
If not we will keep it for Thursday. Please let me know ASAP.

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Nicola Kingdon <nicola.k@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey everyone!

The ticket abd poster looks awesome!! I am trying to find an electronic copy of
the CEBC logo and its terribly difficult unfortunately, but hopefully I can get
it in the next week from someone.

I agree with everyone about the Midland bus service, if you used it last year
and they were good may as well keep going!

Both the flame throwers abd stilt walkers soubd great and it would be good to
have the music themed as well, string quartet works! But as you said it could
be pushing the budget...

I feel awful that I haven't been able to make it to a meeting as of yet to meet
you all and unfortunately next Thursday I'm going on a ten day holiday so won't
be able to make that meeting either. I am free on Monday and Wednesday but I'm
assuming the meeting cannot be changed

So sorry!

On 07/07/2010, at 19:36, Samantha Cobb <samanthacobb90@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all!

There's so much to give feedback on! Here are my thoughts:

Firstly, Jacqui the tickets and posters look amazing-what theme colours were
chosen today at the Challenge Stadium meeting?

Secondly, I'm not sure what a neutral location is for all the clubs..would it
work if we set the electronic sign up system on each clubs website or is that
too complicated? Maybe wait for Rusty's thoughts on that..

In regards to entertainment there are so many options for the Venetian
Masquerade theme! I agree with the flame throwers and the stilt walkers..Should
we make the music suited to the theme? A string quartet is carnivale
style..However, that may be pushing the entertainment too far-just a thought..

Finally, I think Midland Buses is our best bet in regards to transport.

Jacinta count me in for next week's meeting!

Cheers,

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:59:10 +0800
Subject: [igniteball] Fire Entertainment
From: jacintakingdon@xxxxxxxxx
To: igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey everyone,

Fire n Motion (Perth fire entertainers) got back to me super quick with the
documents attached, have a gander and tell us what you think. The big question
is: Do we go with both the stilt walkers and the fire dudes, or just one? We
can afford both at this point as in my rough budget I put $2000 for
entertainment. Once I clean up my budget document I'll pass it on for people to
check out, super rough atm.

Also, Midland Bus got back to me (Woo, great day today!) and quoted me
$297/bus. Now, this equates to $2376 for EIGHT buses, which would be the max
amount we would need. Buswest quoted $2200 for 4 buses to shuttle. We can
either go with Buswest which could be cheaper but is shuttling. OR Midland Bus
which may turn out $176 more (but only if we get 8 buses, may end up only
needing 6 or 7 depending on ticket sales) and no shuttling. Next question: Do
we want to POSSIBLY save $176 with Buswest or go with Midland? (Personally, I'm
with Midland bus, they were super last year and we avoid shuttling. We're able
to adjust the number of buses with them closer to the date).

I'll write up minutes both for our committee meeting and the Challenge meeting
and send them through soon so everyone knows what has gone on. I'm SUPER
excited!!! Turning out well.

Oh yes, and at this point our next committee meeting will be 11AM Thursday July
15th, Curtin library level 2. Let me know if you can't make it.

Jacinta