[IGDA LCPP] Re: The TDD

  • From: "Jim Verhaeghe" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <igda_lcpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 09:32:51 -0000

Dean,

I would like you to go into detail as to what is included in the Half Life
Mod kit.  What tools are available to use to make the MOD?  How will these
tools be used to make the MOD?  What are the functions that we will be
using?

I know it is difficult to write about these for the "layman" but you don't
have to go into detail about parameters.  Just discuss what they do.
Utilize Kunal, as he seems to be familiar with some of the functionality.
Don't be afraid to go into detail about how the MOD engine works.

I'm not concerned with the development environment.  Ultimately I want to
read this and be able to understand what you guys will be doing to make the
game given the resources you have.  So if I, as an outsider, wanted to jump
in and start helping, I could without having to go through the resources you
did to catch up.  Does this clarify things?

Jim Verhaeghe
Contract Game Developer
jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx