[IGDA LCPP] Re: Completing the TDD

  • From: "Jim Verhaeghe" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <igda_lcpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:15:41 -0000

Hey all,

The TDD should describe what features you intend to use for the game.  That
includes what parts of the HL2 source you intend to use.  You don't need to
supply source code, but do describe the functions and how they are used
(consider it an executive summary).  Assume I am a programmer that is
joining the project.  The TDD will need to explain to me what you are doing
with the game, what tools you are using and how, as well as any other
questions that may have come up that haven't been answered.  That way I can
sit down and read the TDD and jump right in after reading it.  It doesn't
have to be overly detailed, but should give me a good sense of what is being
done from the technical side.

I hope this helps.

Jim