[IGDA LCPP] Compilation Successful!

  • From: "Kunal Gandhi" <kunal.gandhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <igda_lcpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:32:48 -0000

Dean, Mike,

I compiled the source sdk code successfully. Running the compilation I found
that its for debugging our mod .exe ie "xyz.exe".

I suppose Dean, if you haven't added that to the TDD you can do so. We can
use this to track our vars and stuff once we compile and execute our first
xyz map. I am finally beginning to see where "our" code will fit into this
and how we can use the available features ie, the special effects
programming, physics and AI. It's mainly all done with the 3 types of
entities which we "register" with the sdk and tie it with our newly created
models etc. Dean I know you kind of already know all this as I remember you
mentioning the fact that we only need to tweak the parameters. This is true
to an extent, but when we create our own entities we kind of need to tweak
around 10000 parameters for each one of our entities along with writing some
of our own code that makes these entities behave like we want them to, which
is going to be a bit of a mission. There's a hell of a lot of learning for
me to do still, I've only just dipped my toe into the water!