[IGDA LCPP] Re: A very small part of the first draft of the TDD

  • From: "Jim Verhaeghe" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <igda_lcpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:08:23 -0000

No worries mate, just make sure we can export the document as a word
document.  Ultimately for putting it up as a Wiki (you'll have to forgive
me, I haven't played with Wiki that much), I think it should be a living
document.  So we don't continually post updates, but update the document
that is on the site, hopefully with some source control so we can go back to
look at the previous versions if necessary.  Let me know if I am just
blathering like an idiot and correct me!

As for the TDD, it is a good start guys.  A couple things are:

1.      Kunal's name has disappeared from the authors (credit everyone)
2.      I like the new approach to the function descriptions with the bullet
points, very nice.
3.      There was a section describing how to get the SDK working with the
project, but it has been removed.  I'd put it back in, as it seemed helpful.
4.      When using terms like SDK, make sure the first time you use it you
use the entire name (i.e. Software Development Kit (SDK)).  Then the next
time you just need to use SDK.  This way, those who aren't familiar with the
term will have seen it and understand what it stands for. It may behoove us
to put in a glossary section at the end as a reference for those who missed
the initial use of the acronyms.
5.      Big thing is be consistent (somewhat related to 4).  In the SDK set
up section there was a start to using the full name, however it is backwards
to all other references like in later in the document.  It was "SDK
(Software Development Kit)", and later there was "heads-up display (HUD)."
I prefer the latter, as it highlights the acronym.
6.      Add a question/pitfall section, and just throw as many questions in
there as you can think of, then start removing them once they have been
satisfactorily answered.
7.      Please use left justify only. (This is more a matter of personal
preference, but when the text is spaced inconsistently it bothers me, and
that happens quite frequently when using filenames, etc. as we do in
technical documents.)

That is pretty much it.  I'd say we are about 30-40% done.  I know it is a
lot of work, but keep plugging away.  Hopefully you'll be finished by next
meeting.

Jim Verhaeghe

Contract Game Developer

jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx