[IGDA LCPP] Re: A very small part of the first draft of the TDD

  • From: Michael Lloyd Lee <mlk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: igda_lcpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:56:56 +0000

Not to burst your bubble, but the UML idea may not be the right way to go. Assume you are going to be sending this document to several people at a publisher, so you want a format that everyone can easily use (without having to download viewers, etc).

I think have UML diagrams will still be useful, even if not for the TDD. Plus we can export to GIF, and embed into the document.

I'll look at the document today and give my 2 pennies worth. Also, if you are looking at a way to have it as a living document, we should put it up on the Wiki site so all can work on it there, rather than send it around via email (as it is generally less protected).

By that do you mean uploading lots of Word docs, or using a Wiki page?

If the former, I'd pref. to use SCM software over lots of revisions of a word document with the version meta data encoding into the file name[1].

[1] As an x-BeOS user I have a aversion to placing Meta data in the filename ;-)

--
Michael Lloyd Lee

* M: mlk@xxxxxxxxx "He who makes no mistake
* W: http://j2mevnc.sf.net Never makes anything"