IEEE Exec: Recruiting

  • From: "Sean T. Brady" <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ieee-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Tara Bergstrom <tara.bergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:29:28 -0400

Hi All,

Here's my take on where we're at... please share your ideas:

Our first goal of the semester is to solidify our new leadership.  Our
second goal is to entice the ECE population (sophomores through seniors) to
become active IEEE members.

To make this work we need two things:

1. Publicity
2. An event at which we can have elections

Regarding publicity, the following people have taken responsibility for
going into classrooms to advertise a to-be-determined event and the IEEE in
general:

Tara Bergstrom - sophomore EE and CPE
Kyle Comins - junior EE and senior EE
Sean Brady - junior CPE and senior CPE

Can someone volunteer to hang posters next week??

Regarding elections, I was originally thinking of having some sort of event
next Friday during the activities period.  The event could be pizza and
networking (just getting to know people, their interests, etc... and then
have an election).  This may or may not be a draw for people and the
Engineering Student Council is having their first meeting then, which I have
to attend.

I'm interested in finding a better time for our event as well as putting
something together that people would be interested in.  Any ideas??

Sean