IEEE Exec: Re: URGENT

  • From: "Deepanjan De" <deepanjan.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ieee-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:43:05 -0500

Sorry about the late response, I just checked my email.  I feel that if
this is the only option that we have, then we should do it.  However, I
do feel that doing an event tailored to just EE's and CpE's is more
effective than having something joined with the ACM.  I do like the idea
of trying to create ties with the ACM since there is an obvious overlap,
but I think that for this particular event there is a difference between
the graduate school options for CS majors than for engineering majors.
Personally I would have liked to have seen one just for electrical
engineers and computer engineers.  However, I think that we all have a
lot of work and to pull off another separate event would be quite
difficult with so many other things on the agenda, so I say we just go
along with Monday and just keep this in mind for next year as our own
event.  After saying all this, I really have no clue whether my opinion
is relevant since it's past the 8 o'clock deadline.  HA.  Sorry guys, I
had meetings all the way up till 8:30.  Just give me the confirmation
and I'll get my part done.  ADIOS!

Deep