IEEE Exec: Re: URGENT

  • From: "Kyle Comins" <kyle.comins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ieee-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:25:12 -0400

I'm not so sure I like the idea of combining this event with the
ACM...I know speaking for myself that I am not interested in going to
grad school for computer science and really wouldn't want to hear a
presentation predominantly directed towards CS majors as I am sure an
event put together by the ACM with input from the IEEE at the very
last minute would entail.
I know that there is a tremendous interest in this event amongst the
junior class and we would be able to support our own event.  Plus -
aren't we trying to spend our money?? Having our own event would get
rid of a bit more of it that sponsoring a co-event.  It just sounds
like it's a cop-out to not have our own.
This is one area I really feel information should be directed at ECE
majors...do not forget that just because we are all CPE's with the
exception of Deep, that we represent EE's too, and that they don't
have the CS interest that we do for the most part, and hearing about
CS grad school options will probably not be of any importance to
them.  I feel that we need to present ECE grad school options, and
mention in that presentation the option for CS, but not have it be the
focus as I truly believe it will be if we team up with the ACM.

~Kyle