IEEE Exec: Re: FW: Tour for College Students (NIST)

  • From: "Sean Brady" <sean.brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ieee-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:05:23 -0700

Hey All,

I talked to Mike Pirone about a visit to Boeing.  He didn¹t think anything
sounded promising.

I contacted Lockheed and they said that the only unclassified project they
could show us would be the GPS system in King of Prussia.  I¹ve seen the
presentation and it¹s pretty interesting... you can also ask questions
directly to the GPS engineers, which is pretty neat.  After a complete
overview presentation, they could take us to the high bay and we could check
out some real-live GPS satellites (few people ever actually SEE a
satellite).  This is a pretty interesting trip and isn¹t too far to
travel... keep in mind that we couldn¹t bring any non-U.S. citizens.

Dan, what kind of things would we be exposed to on the NIST tours?

If we want the Lockheed thing, I have to let them know ASAP to begin
preparations and schedule a date, etc.  Let me know what you all think!

Sean

PS ­ If you¹re opting out of this discussion, please reply anyway.  I don¹t
want to make any decisions if people aren¹t checking email over the break.