IEEE Exec: Re: 2002-2003 Proposal

  • From: "Evan Nikolich" <evan.nikolich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ieee-exec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:12:17 -0400

IEEE Executive Board,

I hope you are all having a good, productive summer and I look forward
to working with all of you this coming semester.  I have volunteered to
take on the recruiting responsibilities, especially among the sophomore
classes.  I plan by August 30th to have given a short presentation in
my own fundamental classes about why ECE and CPE students should join
the IEEE and plan to make presentations in the other fundamental
courses too.  I plan to handout a brochure at the end of my
presentation listing the benefits and our web address, and pass a sheet
out to gather email addresses that want to receive emails from the
Villanova IEEE.  I like Sean?s idea on 50% subsidy for new student IEEE
members, I believe this can help attract more members.  Can we send a
class wide recruiting emails from the IEEE so we contact every ECE CPE
student from sophomore to senior?

Looking further into the future, second semester, I would like to make
some kind of contact with the freshmen engineering class.  I believe
very few freshmen are even aware of the IEEE and I would like to see
some freshmen enrollment into the IEEE in the second semester.  I
believe to keep our branch alive and active we need to start as soon as
possible with new members so they can learn and become experienced and
keep our branch very active after we graduate.

A note on the meeting times.  I have no problems with bi-weekly
meetings just as long as the meetings begin after 5 or later on any
given day of the week.

Enjoy the rest of you summer everyone and look forward to seeing you
all at our first meeting of the new semester.

--Evan Nikolich