[ideas-refugees] Windows file locations

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ideas-refugees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ideas-refugees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:21:23 -0500

We are currently running I-DEAS NX6 (I-DEAS 14 for the traditionalists) on
HP-UX, and are getting ready to switch our users to Windows. One thing I'm not
quite figuring out yet is file locations.

What setting controls where I-DEAS like to put the .aux and .psf and .und files
and STOP file that get generated with each session? It looks like it goes to
the user's "home directory". In our shop, our user's "home directory" is a
network drive, and unfortunately some of the users have a significant amount of
lag when using their network drives (because they are in a remote site
somewhere, far away from the network server). I'd like to be able to force
I-DEAS to put those files on a local directory somewhere, regardless of where
the home directory is pointed. I've looked at the directory settings in the
param file, but they don't seem to control this particular aspect.

This message and any attachments may be a confidential attorney-client
communication or otherwise be privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, any review, distribution or copying of this transmittal is
prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error, please reply by
e-mail and delete this message and all attachments