[PCB_FORUM] Re: viewing a .cad or .fab

  • From: chris.ball@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:18:12 -0400

Unisoft View Mark-Up is a freeware gencad (.cad) viewer. I don't really
know if it's still available these days. I haven't found a freeware
Fabmaster viewer yet. Google it and see what happens...

-Chris

                       "Cosentino, Tony"

                       <Tony.Cosentino@xxxxxxxxxx        To:
<icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                       m>                                cc:

                       Sent by:                          Subject:
[PCB_FORUM] Re: viewing a
                       icu-pcb-forum-bounce@freel          .cad or .fab

                       ists.org

                       07/12/2005 08:35 AM

                       Please respond to

                       icu-pcb-forum

Christian,
I have found no good freeware available for viewing this output.
Obviously, you could buy software to do this but it will not be cheap as
the tools do not come as stand alone viewers. So, to view the file you
have to buy the complete tool set. I would suggest going to your
contract manufacture for verification of your file to prove out the
process. More than likely they have the interface to read this data as
this is what they do for a living. Just remember the data, although just
ascii text separated by a delimiters, is more than likely formatted
specifically for Fabmaster tools such as TestExpert and other tool in
their tool set. The data has also been separated into different sections
which makes it hard to read into tools like SMT Maestro (a free assembly
viewer http://www.smtinfo.net/smtmaestro/smtmaestro.html).
Good Luck
Tony Cosentino
Tekelec - PCB Engineer