[PCB_FORUM] Re: search and replace all

  • From: "Bolman, Shirley H" <shirley.h.bolman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:26:30 -0700

That sounds like the same answer I got from an engineer one time when he
was the only one in his group using a hierarchy schematic instead of a
flat design.
It took 4 board turns before the designer notice that there was a
resistor with only
one pin hooked up. Reason: He had a port connector called p5v or some
such going to one leg of the resistor down
on the schematic page but forgot to put a power port with the same name
on his top sheet.
Since the name of the signal was the same as other power pins the
software didn't know the
difference so it packaged without error. But without the right stuff on
the top sheet he didn't
get power to that one resistor.
Ah! the good old days ;-)) Back to the Library Salt Mine.
Shirley in Oregon