[PCB_FORUM] Re: protel to allegro

  • From: "westfeldt" <westfeldt_nbcd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:02:07 -0700

Schematic transfers easily.

For the PCB I recently did this.  I found someone with a Protel to PADS
translator, and then I was able to bring in the PADS to Allegro.  It was not
great, but it was still worth it.  What came over well were pins, routes,
positive pours, ref des(one class only), board outline.  Messed up were
negative planes, part outlines.

Patrick Westfeldt, Jr.
North Boulder Circuit Design
westfeldt_nbcd@xxxxxxxxx