[PCB_FORUM] Re: non allegro rs274x gerbers into allegro?

  • From: Mark Salberg <msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:42:03 -0400

Hello George and Tony,
I have the top layer gerber and aperture file I was sent by our vendor.
It does import to Allegro, but apertures seem to be out of scale.
I could not get it to translate.
Are you able to import?
If I copied to a blank directory, it would not import and was looking for a art_aper.txt.
The one in the original directory was set to INCHES, my board is in mils.
I think this is why it cam in out of scale.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
You can use Valor to translate RS-274x to RS-274c that Allegro can import easily. When you open the Export window, click the arrow in the Format box, and select "Gerber", not "Gerber274x". When you click apply, two files will be produced, he 274c gerber file(s) and dcodes.apr, the aperture table. If the gerber file suffix will be like .1p, .2n, etc. For a positive gerber only .1p will be produced. for a negative layer, RS-274c can't handle composites, so it will produce multiple files (.1p, .2n, etc) that represent the composites. The aperture file is in Valor format, I have attached a perl script that will translate it. --
George Patrick
*Tektronix, Inc.*
Central Engineering, EDS Applications Support

P.O. Box 500, M/S 39-512
Beaverton, OR 97077-0001
Å 503-627-5272 (voice)     Æ 503-627-5587 (fax)
http://www.tektronix.com <http://www.tektronix.com/> http://www.pcb-designer.com <http://www.pcb-designer.com/>

/*"Off-Grid and Proud of it!"*/