[PCB_FORUM] Re: new board

  • From: toswanstrum@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:28:35 -0700

Sam,
One quick and dirty way would be to extract a placement file from the
pcb, delete the parts from the board, rename the footprints in the
placement file to your names, and then import the placement file back
into the board. One issue to watch for is the rotation that the parts
are built in vs. how they are placed in the board. If after you import
them in you notice rotation issues these can be adjusted in the
placement file and reimported. Like I say this is quick and dirty and
will match the schematic electrically but won't have the same
footprints.

Tom