[PCB_FORUM] Re: mysterious via shifting

  • From: Ed Caldwell <Ed.Caldwell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:40:29 -0400

Interesting... I had tried the "Fanout by Pick" command at one point at
another area of the board... I did not get a fanout and decided not to
pursue experimentation with the "Fanout by Pick" command.

I just tried to reproduce the problem with no success and I also did a
search at SourceLink with no success.

Are you able to use "Fanout by Pick"?... Just curious.

Don.Kost@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/19/2006 08:16 AM
Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] Re: mysterious via shifting

Ed,
I've seen this problem occasionally when using "Fanout by Pick".  Seems
like it happens to some bga's but not all. Cadence was unable to reproduce
this problem.
Don ...........................

Ed Caldwell <Ed.Caldwell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/19/2006 08:10 AM

Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] mysterious via shifting

Anyone experience a mysterious shifting of vias in Allegro 15.2 s126
(v15-2-51EU) (12/14/2005) i86... ?

The design is in mils to 2 decimal places. The vias are in a 0.8 mm BGA
(spaced at 31.50 mils apart). Somehow the group of vias within the
rectangle pictured below shifted by 0.10 mils sometime during my edits -
cause unknown...

It is important to note that I did not change the database resolution - it
has remained (mils to two decimal places). The only thing I changed was
the routing grid which I switched between 25 mils, 5 mils and 0.1 mils as
I was working in different areas of the layout and I was not working in
the area where the vias shifted.

Puzzl_Ed

Ed Caldwell
Electronic Design Services, LLC